Thursday, July 17, 2008

made my day



Oh spring is beginning to bloom in little corners of our world. In neighbour's yards and friend's gardens. These pink camellias made my day as did the conversation with the beautiful Amber. The white snowdrops are the only kind of snow we have but we like to see the little blossoms lightly floating on the grass.

And this completely made my day. Feist on Sesame Street. Counting 1, 2, 3, 4 with penguins and furry monsters. In it's 39th season, Sesame Street is really beginning to realise that under 5-year-olds are not their only audience. Hence people like Sarah Jessica Parker featuring on the show describing the word 'sigh'...and Tyra Banks defining 'struggle'. Thanks Alexandra for the link.

Like a mad woman I have become a little obsessed with a certain bloom...cherry blossoms. Oh cherry blossoms. White, fairy-floss pink and raspberry. Tokyo cherry blossoms. Spring delight cherry blossoms. I drive along and instead of daydreaming my eyes are wide as I try to spot a blossom tree. And lucky me I have found three. In other people's gardens. Behind a fence. Tomorrow I plan on door-knocking and asking kindly if I can "please have a branch or two". Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. jodi, if I had a cherry tree I would give you some blossoms!

    ReplyDelete