Sunday, January 10, 2010

pregnant and prepared


Today Mardi (my MIL) and I facilitated our first "pregnant and prepared" couples workshop at the studio. It was such an honour to teach and gently guide six beautiful pregnant couples as they learnt about yoga positions for pregnancy and labour as well as the sound, breath and language of birthing. We encouraged them to connect with each other, to trust their bodies and to trust each other.

They were all so in love. In love with the belly, the baby, the whole process of growing new life and birthing as a family. Look at all those gorgeous Godesses...and all those doting dads-to-be. It was so inspiring to be among a new generation of parents - parents that are all interested in preparing together and birthing consciously. Some of the Dads were even asking me about co-sleeping, baby-wearing and a baby moon. They were all so open to learning, so willing to support their pregnant partners. It was a very beautiful space to be in...quite sacred.

Mardi and I will be running couples workshops for conscious birthing throughout 2010.
The dates are as follows: March 14th, May 16th, July 25th, Sept 12th and Nov 7th. The March workshop is almost full so if you're interested please let me know. We welcome you and your partner or birth support person. No yoga experience is necessary. Come with a pregnant belly and an open heart.

We provide a complete information booklet, journal, yoga nidra CD and a vegetarian feast for lunch.

Om shanti!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful. I took yoga classes with my first pregnancy until I miscarried, and then again after the birth of my son - however he took that quiet time to mean it was feed time, so not much yoga was actually done! I'd love to do something like this for my next pregnancy however. I wonder if there's something on the Gold Coast?
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so lovely! I love the couples idea ... such a holistic way to embrace the whole sacred process of pregnancy & birth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I would have loved to do this when I was pregnant with Chloe - maybe if there is another one I will get the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jodi,

    Thanks for the comments and support on my homebirth. I'm very excited about it but most of all meeting Baby at the end of it. Your workshops sound really great – but doesn't look like there is one in Feb? Think I may be just a bit too late for the March one as I'm due on the 17th. Really great point about the sound, have been reading Ina May and she talks a bit about it.

    Love your blog and the gorgeous photos of your family. Che is one little dude!

    Looking forward to following your blog, Anna x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping in to say hi Jodi.....glad to have found you. Just wish you were closer so I could come to your workshop...although I have just booked in for a calmbirth workshop wish I had have done one with my first!

    ReplyDelete