Tuesday, March 30, 2010

we got away


In a rather serendipitous series of events
Daniel and I managed to spend a night in Sydney together.
As a couple.
For the first time since Ché was born (exactly two-and-a-half years ago today).
We really needed the time to be just the two of us
Time to talk and read and drink coffee (I had a really good Sydney cap and it was well worth it)
without being interrupted by the need to negotiate
with our beautiful toddler.

Negotiate being the operative word.
A conversation instead of a debate would be lovely.

We shopped and moseyed about the city and ate a beautiful dinner.
We shared our balcony with a tree whose trunk was slowly darkening with the drizzle of rain
and we slept in till 8 and read the paper with breakfast.

Now we're home and listening to the rain pound on the roof;
thankful for the opportunity to snuggle in bed
because Autumn is here.

Hello autumn.
I love you.
I love you too.

7 comments:

  1. My husband and I just got away for the first time since our son was born, too. I was crying when we left him, but it ending up being so refreshing to just be alone, together. I didn't realize how much I actually do around the house until I got away from responsibility.

    How did little Ché react?

    ReplyDelete
  2. he was so so good and wasn't bothered at all. both mine and daniel's parents are super supportive and che spends a lot of time with them so for him it was an adventure to sleep at mama & popa's house the night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you guys had a beautiful weekend. There's nothing better than good coffee, newspapers and the rain outside (especially when it's not too cold).

    I'm so happy too the weather is allowing for more snuggles. Finally.

    Anna xx

    PS. They're Bensimon sneakers. Although I do have pink cons too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds lovely!

    I am in need of a couples only night away from Abigail.

    Bring on winter I say!

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like such a peaceful treat!

    Enjoy your fall! My favorite season.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, ok, so that's where you were! Lucky you! We so need to do that. The view from your little balcony looks lovely, sounds like a perfect getaway. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How nice! I love getting away and just *being*. It is wonderful being a mom, but sometimes it is nice to just be me too.

    ReplyDelete