Wednesday, July 25, 2012

spring : turn of the season

A few nights ago I stood at the kitchen window and smelt spring. It was still and calm and a relief to welcome that fresh-with-a-hint-of-warmth scent. I've been thinking of it since.

Mid-morning every morning Poet and I walk along our street and visit the local gallery for a coffee. We spy the first signs of the new season; cherry blossom buds, almost-opened daffodils, fallen camellias against a duck egg blue fence. 

Today while she slept I wrote a list of herbs and vegies that I'd like to plant. Mint, basil, flat-leaf parsley, rocket, baby spinach, rainbow chard. My society garlic has lasted through winter - the hardiest of herbs it infuses my pasta dishes with rich flavour and gives each and every salad a little kick.

Tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment