Saturday, May 11, 2013

19/52

"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: Pixelated glasses and his shirt on backwards (his choice).
Poet: She will only sit in her pram if she's eating.

I was thinking about my portraits this week and considering what I really wanted to capture throughout the year. Of course I want to photograph their changing, growing faces but I also want to be able to look back and be reminded of stages and quirks. I want to remember the week that I struggled to get Poet to sit in the pram, the week that she walked from the shops to home, a journey that took us well over an hour (it usually takes 20minutes). This portrait of her is representative of a transition - from pram to foot, one more step towards independence.  And Che, on Friday afternoon I asked him if I could take his photograph while he was wearing his new glasses. "Tomorrow morning, ok mum?" And so, on Saturday morning he sat on the chair and we talked as the shutter clicked. It was only when I was editing the photos that I noticed; his pyjama shirt is on backwards. "I like it this way," he says.

...........................................................................................................................................

Last week we welcomed a new little person into our neighbourhood...sweet Elke is divine! Over the next few weeks I'll deliver gifts of homemade meals and sweet treats and in return I'll get newborn cuddles (nothing quite like them) / Amber captured Harper and Finn in pure autumn, I adore these vibrant portraits / Honor in the dunes - picturesque / Sleeping Beauty and her gold, sparkly crown, I wonder what she's thinking? / and The Night Bakery captures a still, quiet moment - so very precious. 




No comments:

Post a Comment