Saturday, December 14, 2013

50/52


"A portrait of my children, once a week, every week, in 2013."

Che: goodness, what a masculine stance. 
Poet: on tip-toes as she looks out the window.

I'm getting a little nostalgic now. Only two portraits to go and then we're back to the beginning. Claire had a great idea earlier this week and I'd love to bring it to fruition. We were talking about all the portraits that got away; the ones that weren't chosen because others seemed more fitting. So, on Wednesday, I'll be writing a post titled: "52 / the ones that got away" - there'll be a link, too, so feel free to add your own post. 

I'm excited to tell you that the "52" button for 2014 is currently being designed by melbourne-based artist The Paper Pinwheel. It features muted ocean-inspired colours and a touch of distinctly Australian flora. I'll be able to share it with you in the next week so make sure you leave a little room on your sidebar.

You may have also noticed that I'm currently running a giveaway to win a $200 voucher to Minted - a company that creates beautiful photo cards, art prints and personalised stationery. It's open to readers worldwide so feel free to enter...perhaps it will be one way you can use some of your 52 portraits.

..................................................................................................................

I adore Yellow Finch's perspective and I especially love these shots - especially the piano portrait! / I love everything about these portraits; happy faces, warmth and that blanket / I wholeheartedly understand the "need to get the last sip" determination / I always love a diptych and I especially like the 'railing' perspective in these portraits / and finally, haircut time - always cute (and a little bit funny!). 




No comments:

Post a Comment